Re: creating db copy from online backup problems...

From: Glen A Stromquist <glen_stromquist_at_nospam.yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 20:27:22 GMT

Niall Litchfield wrote:

> If it really is a temp tablespace (contents temporary) just drop and
> recreate, there is nothing of value in it.

snipped

I can't open the database to drop it, I'm tempted to shutdown the prod and just do a consistent cold backup and copy the whole works over and recreate the controlfile, but I'd like to know what went wrong here.

btw - 8.1.7.4 on W2K advanced server, both at same patchset. Received on Sun Nov 16 2003 - 14:27:22 CST