Re: OAS 4.0.8.1 and Pentium 4

From: Erno <laru73_at_yahooNO.comSPAM>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 20:41:08 GMT

Frank wrote:

> Erno wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Does anyone have experience on running Oracle Application Server 4.0.8.1
> > on a server with Pentium 4 processors, i.e. is it even possible? Any
> > info would be appreciated.
> >
> > Regards
> > Erno
> >
> No experience, but why shouldn't it? Apart from that - why use the
> old monster? 9iAS Rel1 is much easier on the memory
>
> --
> Regards, Frank van Bortel

There was a case in Metalink where customer was running Oracle 9iAS 1.0.2.0.0 on P4 machine and was not able to start up http server. He was advised to upgrade to version 1.0.2.2.2a as version 1.0.2 "was not designed to run on pentium 4 machines". That's why I was wondering if someone has some experiences on 4.0.8.1.

Unfortunately going for 9iAS is out of the question at the moment.

Regards
Erno Received on Thu Nov 13 2003 - 14:41:08 CST