Re: Newbie question regarding LOB

From: Shankar <shanky191_at_rediffmail.com>
Date: 11 Nov 2003 19:54:06 -0800

Thanks a lot for your help.

Dave, a further question. In my program, i plainly invoke a stored procedure on the database which does the job of inserting the LOB, thereby shielding my application from SQL completely.

BEGIN insert_to_database(:lob_var) END;

Do i still need to execute a select statement to fetch the Lob Locator? In other words, if i just do a OCIDescriptorAlloc followed by OCIBindByName and OCIStmtExecute(which actually invokes the stored procedure), will it suffice? If so, does it pose any additional requirements on the stored procedure??

Thanks and Regards,
Shankar