Re: Oracle 9i R2 and Red Hat 9 Linux x86

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 13:36:49 +1100

"Carl" <carl_theblue_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:b7f9cffb.0311111730.2affd6f7_at_posting.google.com...
> Hi Phil,
>
> Thanks for you help ,
> About question no 2 , I bought red had linux 9 unleashed book and it
> comes with 2 CDs of linux , the book does not mention the type ( ie
> prof, AS ,ES and WS ) of linux are on the CDs ,
> So that is why I dont know what type of Linux I have , I thought there
> might me a way to find out.

If it's supplied free with a book, then it's just boring old 'workstation' Red Hat 9, not an 'enterprise' or 'advanced server' version (since they cost huge amounts of cash). It's the same version as you can/could download for free from redhat.com.

Oracle will still run on it, with a bit of arm-twisting. See www.dizwell.com for info on how.

Regards
HJR Received on Tue Nov 11 2003 - 20:36:49 CST