Re: Episode 2: the EntMgr Green Light!!

From: Jan van Mourik <jmourik_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 10 Nov 2003 07:43:31 -0800

Very interesting thread this turned out to be... Thanks y'all!

PS

> > Boss: I got a call from Mary that the database is down.
>
> Also, strange thing about documented procedures... they're there for a
> reason. A company's ISO9001 certification could be up for grabs if the
> procedures aren't followed. And whilst they may seem stupid to you, they're
> there to allow someone to perform the same function as you even were you to
> fall under a bus. Someone for whom sqlplus is not perhaps such a familiar
> tool.

If this is an ISO9001 certified company I'd hope in this case that Mary is somebody in the datacenter, not a user... Personally, I wouldn't be too happy if my boss had to call me with the news that one of my databases is down! I'd much rather have it the other way round :-)

jan Received on Mon Nov 10 2003 - 09:43:31 CST