Re: IMPORT - how many passes?

From: Peter Teoh <no_email_please_at_singnet.com.sg>
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2003 10:55:04 +0800

Yes, the script did call catalog.sql - the following was one of the script generated by DBCA:

connect SYS/change_on_install as SYSDBA
set echo on
spool j:\Oracle\Ora92\assistants\dbca\logs\CreateDBCatalog.log
@j:\Oracle\Ora92\rdbms\admin\catalog.sql;
@j:\Oracle\Ora92\rdbms\admin\catexp7.sql;
@j:\Oracle\Ora92\rdbms\admin\catblock.sql;
@j:\Oracle\Ora92\rdbms\admin\catproc.sql;
@j:\Oracle\Ora92\rdbms\admin\catoctk.sql;
@j:\Oracle\Ora92\rdbms\admin\owminst.plb;
connect SYSTEM/manager
@j:\Oracle\Ora92\sqlplus\admin\pupbld.sql;
connect SYSTEM/manager
set echo on
spool j:\Oracle\Ora92\assistants\dbca\logs\sqlPlusHelp.log
@j:\Oracle\Ora92\sqlplus\admin\help\hlpbld.sql helpus.sql;
spool off
spool off
exit;

--
Peter Teoh
HP: 91286341
"Walt" <walt_at_boatnerd.com> wrote in message
Rick Denoire wrote:

> >3) Run sqlplus sys as sysdba/pwd and run the catalog.sql script
>
> Are you sure that a DB created with the Assistant hasn't already the
> catalog.sql run built in?

No, I'm not sure.  In fact, looking at the db creation scripts generated
by the Assistant, it appears that catalog.sql does in fact get run as
part of the db creation.

So this may be an unnecessary step.  If so, running it again didn't seem
to hurt anything.  This probably warrants further investigation...

--
file://-Walt
//