DATABASE LINKS

From: Rose <rosebernardo_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 8 Nov 2003 17:23:53 -0800

I am working for the Business Investigation Department. They requested a database link to production so they can perform their research to the production environment through this database link. Their investigation consists of procedures that read files of any number between 50,000 to 1,000,000 records and perform queries against the production database - one by one. Since their customers make about twenty to thirty different requests every day, they don't have time to make up test data. Therefore they also wish to test their procedure with production data using this same databalink link.

I believe this whole thing to be crazy. Can someone give me some very good technical explanation and/or point me to somewhere I can get a technical paper of something I can give to my boss to stop my boss? Received on Sat Nov 08 2003 - 19:23:53 CST