Re: Oracle 9.2 Log Miner Scripts?

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.nospam.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2003 23:15:36 +0100

On Thu, 6 Nov 2003 16:44:45 -0500, "Charles Davis" <cdavis10717_at_comcast.net> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Does anyone have a working script for Oracle 9.2 Log Miner that runs on
>Unix, uses the system catalog for its Dictionary, and extracts the redo
>records into a user tablespace from all the redo files for the instance???

You can't use the system catalog for the logminer dictionary. That's just how logminer works

>I would sure love to see a working script for that.

It would be a waste of resources, and would be mainly used in messy environments.

 I've not been able to
>get that working from the docs and from other scripts I've googled on the
>internet.

I would stop wasting time on it. Logminer is an adhoc tool, it is not meant to store or retrieving transactions as you already have the online and archived redologs. If you think you need it, you obviously have no control at all over your environment.

>I've found the Oracle docs woefully inadequate in pulling all that together
>in a working order.

It's all there. Admittedly, you need to *read* the documentation, as opposed as just *looking*.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA