is it possible to change maxblocks on the datafile?

From: Ryan Gaffuri <rgaffuri_at_cox.net>
Date: 6 Nov 2003 11:22:54 -0800

We have tablespaces each with 1 datafile. Some of them have max blocks at 4.1m and others at 2.2m. I believe the maxblocks and maxbytes settings only come into play with autoextend on since i can resize my datafile to larger than maxblocks.

however, I want my datafiles to be able to extend. I cant dig up any syntax on how to alter maxblocks on OTN or metalink. is it possible? if nto how do you deal with this and how does oracle determine your default maxblocks?

i tried

alter database datafile/<datafile path>/<datafile> maxblocks 4m;

Tried it with the autoextend command in there as well. Received on Thu Nov 06 2003 - 13:22:54 CST