How to identify whether or not client session get ORA-1652 of TEMP in RAC.

From: wangbin <wangbin_at_start.com.au>
Date: 5 Nov 2003 19:55:31 -0800

We use RAC 9.2.0.3 on redhat AS 2.1 . We often receive the following error in alert.log.
"ORA-1652: unable to extend temp segment by 128 in tablespace
TEMP" 65973.1 shows that it is expected behavior.
"It has also been observed that in an OPS environmemt ORA-1652
messages occur in the alert.log while the re-assignment from one instance's SEP free extents to the requesting one seems to be working fine because client sessions do not get the ORA-1652. This suggests that the re-allocation is internally triggered by event 1652, and the ORA-1652 is not surpressed from being written to the alert.log." On the other hand, the client sessions may get the ORA-1652 if large sorts are occurring.

Is it possible to monitor how often the client sessions get the error? The system is on Internet. I have received complain from our customer once. I don't want to receive too much complain from our customers before I take an action.

Thanks,
Bin Received on Wed Nov 05 2003 - 21:55:31 CST