Re: How to identify whether or not client session get ORA-1652 of TEMP in RAC.

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 08:35:23 -0000

Have a look at resumable sessions and the 'after suspend' trigger. A 'real' 1652 will then put the session that has a problem into suspension and fire the after suspend trigger. Give it a timeout of (say) 10 seconds so that it really crashes the end-user afterwards, but make sure it logs the problem. It is possible that a 'spurious' 1652 that can be resolved by extent reallocation will not cause a suspension.

Test carefully. I haven't tried setting sessions resumable en masse, so there may be odd side-effects - especially on a RAC system.

--
Regards

Jonathan Lewis
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk

  The educated person is not the person
  who can answer the questions, but the
  person who can question the answers -- T. Schick Jr

One-day tutorials:
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/tutorial.html
____Belgium__November (EOUG event - "Troubleshooting")
____UK_______December (UKOUG conference - "CBO")