Oracle AQ. Error in Trigger

From: Ray Teale <ray_at_BLAHholly.com.au>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 15:03:22 +1100

Oracle Advanced Queueing. RDBMS Enterprise Edition Version 8.1.7.0.0 OS is Solaris for x86

I have an Oracle row level trigger which enqueues a message to a queue on insert, update or delete.

It works fine if I have an AFTER trigger - but the DBMS_AQ.ENQUEUE() procedure raises a -604 error if I try to do the same thing on a BEFORE trigger. (There are specific reasons why I need a BEFORE trigger which aren't relevant here).

If I comment out the DBMS_AQ.ENQUEUE statement it runs OK so its definitely the problem.
The payload of the message does contain both :new and :old references

Has anybody seem anything like this before?

Regards

Ray Teale Received on Wed Nov 05 2003 - 22:03:22 CST