Re: Problem Connecting w Perl/DBD::Oracle as SYSDBA

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 5 Nov 2003 16:09:24 -0800

Ron Reidy <r_reidy_at_comcast.net> wrote in message news:<3FA8F314.2000405_at_comcast.net>...
> Can you (the same OS user) connect as sysdba via SQL*Plus to instance BB?
>
> Is your Oracle environment correct (I see you set ORACLE_SID, but what
> about ORACLE_HOME, etc.)?

And more in that vein: orapwd generated properly for each db, and with proper ownership/protection? You aren't trying to be a root dba?  init.ora variables the same (except where necessary)? Can you connect as a regular user in sqlplus and then connect as sysdba? You've checked for duplicate entries in tnsnames.ora? Try changing the sys password?

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
https://secure.msfreepc.com/step1.php