Re: does oracle connection equal one row in v$sessions?

From: Joseph Weinstein <bigdog_at_bea.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 11:05:24 -0700

Burt Peltier wrote:

> Are you counting background processes (DBWR) and parallel processing (Pnnn)
> spawned sessions? These are in the V$SESSIONS view but could throw off any
> attempt to equate sessions to rows.

Thanks for asking. No, let's assume the customer does differentiate. He claims that in spite of our debug code which shows whenever we open an close a connection, (we usually have 20 or so open at any time), they see the V$Sessions having more entries than our application claims to have open.... Joe