Re: does oracle connection equal one row in v$sessions?

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: 19 Oct 2003 10:14:29 -0700

Joseph Weinstein <bigdog_at_bea.com> wrote in

> He claims that in spite of our debug code which shows whenever
> we open an close a connection, (we usually have 20 or so open
> at any time), they see the V$Sessions having more
> entries than our application claims to have open....

And he is likely speaking the truth Joe - from first hand experience.

I have seen numerous times that an explicit close JDBC connection in JSP does *NOT* close the session on the Oracle side (see my other posting under this thread).

The sessions are only closed when the Java servlet engine is bounced (which is of course done by restarting Apache).

--
Billy