Re: Oracle's Myth: keep tables and indexes in separate tablespaces

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 23:45:55 +1000

Jack wrote:

> Look Howard what You did say at 23 Jun 2002 :
> LOL
> From: "Howard J. Rogers" <dba_at_hjrdba.com>
> Newsgroups: comp.databases.oracle.server
> Subject: Re: Basic question on RAID array / Tablespace configuration.
> Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2002 00:33:46 +1000
>
> There is precisely zero benefit in separating tables from their indexes
> for performance reasons. Both are segments. Just like Table A and Table B
> are both segments. Separate A from B by all means, but unless you're
> consistent, there's no point in separating a table from its index.
>

> Regards
> HJR
I'm missing your point Jack.

Yes those were my views in 2002. They've been my views for a long, long time.

So how does that add weight to your argument that Oracle's official position is the same as mine?

Or are you suggesting that when I wrote those words I was doing so as a representative of Oracle? If so, that won't fly. I've never posted here as an official Oracle representative.

My views are and have always been mine alone.

Regards
HJR

See my brand new website, soon to be full of
new articles: www.dizwell.com.
Nothing much there yet, but give it time!!