Re: Oracle's Myth: keep tables and indexes in separate tablespaces

From: Richard Foote <richard.foote_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 13:42:29 GMT

"Jack" <nn_at_mail.com> wrote in message news:Yryhb.263$3u.180_at_read3.inet.fi...

> Look Howard what You did say at 23 Jun 2002 :
> LOL
> From: "Howard J. Rogers" <dba_at_hjrdba.com>
> Newsgroups: comp.databases.oracle.server
> Subject: Re: Basic question on RAID array / Tablespace configuration.
> Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2002 00:33:46 +1000
>
> There is precisely zero benefit in separating tables from their indexes
for
> performance reasons. Both are segments. Just like Table A and Table B are
> both segments. Separate A from B by all means, but unless you're
consistent,
> there's no point in separating a table from its index.

Hi Jack,

That's great, it really is, that's really really funny (excuse me while I wipe tears away).

Ummmm, while I'm trying to compose myself here, could you please just remind me exactly why it is so funny.

Howard's been consistent in what he's been saying, and .....

I feel all embarrassed now but I actually don't get it !!

?????

Richard Received on Fri Oct 10 2003 - 08:42:29 CDT