Re: Oracle's Myth: keep tables and indexes in separate tablespaces

From: Geomancer <pharfromhome_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 10 Oct 2003 05:30:01 -0700

> No, Eienstein. (I guess we know why you are unemployed).

Um, had you made several caveats and been less insulting, your point might have been better taken.

If the disk is not RAID striping (RAID10, 0+1, 5) then many of your points may be correct.

In my experience with Oracle on Windows, I demonstrated significant slowdown with the whole database on a single non-RAID disk.

When I moved indexes to a separate disk, undo to another and redo to a 4th disk, performance doubled!

Not sure why, maybe it's just a Windows thing. Received on Fri Oct 10 2003 - 07:30:01 CDT