Inactive JDBC sessions in Oracle 8.1.7 remain in Linux process list

From: Bill <lilhepcat_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 11:57:35 -0000

As the subject line notes, I'm having issues where the jdbc sessions to our database remain as a process on our linux 6.2 box long after oracle lists the session as inactive. kill immediately from the OEM doesn't get rid of them from the OS side. The only way to do so is to perform a whole buch of kill -9's to empty them out. Anyone else see this on a linux db server before? and if so, how did you fix it?

Thanks for any help!

Posted with NewsLeecher
http://www.newsleecher.com/ Received on Fri Oct 10 2003 - 06:57:35 CDT