Re: Oracle's Myth: keep tables and indexes in separate tablespaces

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 20:32:02 +0100

"Geomancer" <pharfromhome_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:cf90fb89.0310100430.7c362905_at_posting.google.com...
> In my experience with Oracle on Windows, I demonstrated significant
> slowdown with the whole database on a single non-RAID disk.
>
> When I moved indexes to a separate disk, undo to another and redo to a
> 4th disk, performance doubled!
>
> Not sure why, maybe it's just a Windows thing.

Um, You seem to be saying that when you went from one to 4 disks/spindles performance improved significantly. Well to misquote christine keeler "it would wouldn't it" 4 disks for the IO is the significant factor not the separation of tables and indexes. Nothing to do with windows and everything to do with io split.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA