Re: Outsourcing developer to India and China - As an Oracle developer I am miffed

From: Anurag Varma <avdbi_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2003 22:56:01 GMT

"Jim Kennedy" <kennedy-down_with_spammers_at_no_spam.comcast.net> wrote in message news:s6Agb.57378$%h1.42638_at_sccrnsc02... --snip--
> > > My point is that there are a lot of discriminatory practices by Indian
> and
> > > non-India people. (I know people can be found in the US of European
> decent
> > > that pull the same crap.) It is very naive to think India doesn't have
> > > trade and protectionist barriers against other countries. People have a
> > > right to bitch about them.
> > >
> > > Jim
> > >

> > Right... and my dog can speak french.
> > Can you show one example of such a posting where it is advertised that
> only Indians
> > can apply to a job in US?
> >
> > Anurag
> >

> Anurag,
> Yup, I ran across it when I was out of work awhile ago. As a matter of fact
> the job was posted on the Oracle marketplace newsgroup and had a url and the
> url had the posting also. A lot of people commented on it. No, I am not
> going to waste my time finding it for you now.
> Jim

Ok .. I can believe that maybe you did find one or two posts which had stated that. In fact a quick search on Google does bring out one such post. That does not mean this is happening in a lot of places. I would think that it would be illegal here in US to hire with such a bias (Which you did state in that email).

Anurag Received on Tue Oct 07 2003 - 17:56:01 CDT