Re: Outsourcing developer to India and China - As an Oracle developer I am miffed

From: Anurag Varma <avdbi_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2003 22:46:31 GMT

"Noons" <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au.nospam> wrote in message news:3f82c704$0$10617$afc38c87_at_news.optusnet.com.au...
> "Anurag Varma" <avdbi_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Srxgb.2654$iZ6.7_at_news02.roc.ny...
>

> > Ok now you are just slowly twisting the topic. I replied to your assertion that
> > government does not allow IT companies to compete in Indian market.
> > This news was 6 months old.
>
> Whooopteedoo! 6 months...
> I've counted 10 years that Australia has let Indian companies
> come here to sell their people. Not their software. Let's see
> how long India now lasts.
>

> > What exactly are you trying to prove here? You mean India won't allow
> > outside countries nationals to work in India.
>
> Not in IT, through a non-Indian IT company. Of course Oracle-India
> or IBM-India will have the odd non-Indian there. But even in those,
> you'll be hard pressed to find a non-Indian national working as
> anything other than a manager. Which says it all.
For your information US does not allow any foreign national to come work in US either through a non-US IT company. Any company that wants to have a foreign national work in US, they have to establish a base here. Same is the case with India.
Just because you did not find any significant foreign nationals working in India, that does not mean India does not allow that. Any proof you can give against that argument?

> > Hey if you play by the visa rules,
> > why not?
>
> There is no such thing as visa rules in India. Or China.
> You're either a multi-national or you don't play.
> Nothing to do with visas.

Of course there are visa rules in India also. Don't cook up stories you cannot back up. Here see this:
http://www.overseasjobs.com/jobSeekers/resources/articles/Country_By_Country_Guide.html

> > Yes they are Indian citizens. But then I don't know now what point you were
> > trying to make. Keep your point at least in one place .. so I don't miss it...
>
> The point is very simple: if you are not an Indian citizen,
> you got buckleys of getting any work there. Unlike what
> happens to Indian nationals in other countries.
> That is NOT open competition in anyone's book.
>

> > Nothing personal Nuno. I'm not taking any sides here.
> > But some just cook up stories about Indians which might have happened to some and generalize
> > it for all Indians.
>

> Hey! I know you from other fora. Nothing personal here either.
> In fact I don't give two hoots if it's India, China, Botswana or
> Outer Mongolia. It's the principle. Not the people involved.
> Happens to be mostly with India now. In 58years, it will be
> China. Who knows who is next? Nigeria?
>
> --
> Cheers
> Nuno Souto
> wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au.nospam

How about <insert_a_country_name_here_you_have_no_clue_about> being next?

:) You know its tough arguing with you. I don't think I'll be able to keep up. For my stand, you'll probably be surprised that I'm against blatant outsourcing too. Outsourcing in a lot of companies is probably being done without even considering what the skills are on the other side.

Anurag Received on Tue Oct 07 2003 - 17:46:31 CDT