Re: Recommended hardware for 9i on Linux, at home (Note to Stan)

From: Howard J> Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2003 05:27:50 +1000

ahwkong wrote:

> Well, if geocities is managing the domain registration for you, you
> can get it back by
> 1) asking a DNS service provider to manage for you (e.g. easydns.com)
> 2) asking the new webhost to transfer the control from geocities to
> them
>
> In either case the companies are usually eager and helpful to help you
> to gain control of you beloved domain name.
>
> No reason to be hijacked by service provider, whose service is not so
> great, due to a domain name belongs to you!
>
> I think the yahoo mail is rather stable, nevertheless. But their
> helpdesk is really suck. I always thought I have sent emails to an
> un-manned space station.
>

> Anthony

Hi Anthony,

I've never tried a DNS transfer, so I'll bear that in mind, and thanks for the info. But in the meantime, and possibly of help to other Yahoo users, you might try clicking 'Mail Options' next time you're waiting for the Bulk Mail folder to disgorge itself of its latest batch of nonsense.

I set just three filters: where the sender contains 'microsoft', where the subject contains 'internet security', and where the sender contains 'ms'. I now get 5 bulk mails with the 142K attachment instead of 90.

If anyone has any better suggestions for filters and what they should contain, I'd like to hear them.

Regards
HJR

See my brand new website, soon to be full of
new articles: www.dizwell.com.
Nothing much there yet, but give it time!!