Re: SQL Server Tables to Oracle Database

From: Sean Chang <sean_at_cnfei.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 15:42:23 -0400

"Phoenix" <me_at_here.com> wrote in message news:bkkjec$jvv$1_at_eskinews.eskimo.com...
> Is there a way to do it in a procedure or function? I am hitting 14 SQL
> Servers and pulling the data over to a central SQL Server but need to
> convert my SQL Server to Oracle 8.1.7 and haven't found a way to get the
> data as yet.
>
> Regards,
> Ron Hagerman
> http://www.rons-sandbox.com

Hi, Ron,

It depends what procedures you need:

I manage lots of data transfer between Sqlserver 2k and Oracle 817 by using OLE DB and Visual Basic. The coding is simple (have sample code if you want),
you simply make an EXE file and schedule it in a Windows PC, works great for me.

If you are talking about Oracle stored procedure, I think you can code a Java program
to transfer data between Oracle and SS, make the jave program as a stored procedure
in Oracle and use DBMS_JOB to schedule transfer. I have done that before and Prefer
VB solution. ( less coding).

Hope this helps

sean_at_cnfei.com