Re: Corrupt db, ora-8102 and more

From: Peter Laursen <pl_at_invalid.dk>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 22:36:26 +0200

> not really seen an exact problem ..

My real concern now is the sqls that were giving wrong results without any error messages causing applications to fail and that was discovered only by accident! I cured that by rebuilding some indexes but got an ora-600 after a few minuttes. Say I cure that I would still be worried about inconsistensies/corruptions that will surface later.

> 1. Does ORA-600 state any specific object/table

No

> 2. Run an analyze table tablename validate structure cascade;
> and see if you get an ORA-600 .. That ORA-600 might point to
the bad

Thanks, I will try that. Just found dbms_utility.analyze_schema. Is this as good as analyze table tablename validate structure cascade ?

> If you have the luxury ... then you can try running the #2 command
on
> most/all tables.

Will running dbms_utility.analyze_schema have the same effect?

Peter Laursen Received on Fri Oct 03 2003 - 15:36:26 CDT