Re: Corrupt db, ora-8102 and more

From: Anurag Varma <avarmadba.skipthis_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2003 19:52:30 GMT

"Peter Laursen" <pl_at_invalid.dk> wrote in message news:3f7dce1c$0$22652$ba624c82_at_nntp02.dk.telia.net...
> System: 8.1.7.4, Win2k,

--snip--

> What is going on here? Has anybody seen something like this before ?
>
> At this point im very unsecure about the state of the database and
> what to do. I try validate index <index>. It just says index
> validated. I drop and recreate indexes on small_t and all selects now
> returns the expected rows. I restart the app that accesses small_t. It
> processes some rows after a few minuttes however the app crashes with
> an ORA-600 internal error. I find no other error messages than the
> ora-600.
>
> What now? What actions should I take now?
> Right now I feel my best bet is to recreate the database from scrath
> and do a full import. This will cost the customer another day of
> production and will cause some loss of data, but the database seems to
> be unstable and the tools I used (dbverify and export) reported no
> errors.
>
> Will apreciate any advice (other than get a real DBA or contact oracle
> support)
>
> TIA
> Peter Laursen

not really seen an exact problem ..

Can you do the following:

Backup the database first!

then

  1. Does ORA-600 state any specific object/table
  2. Run an analyze table tablename validate structure cascade; and see if you get an ORA-600 .. That ORA-600 might point to the bad index.
  3. If you find a culprit table, give more info on what kind of indexes are there on that table. i.e. is there a PK based off a non-unique index, any compressed indexes, reverse key indexes etc.....

If you have the luxury ... then you can try running the #2 command on most/all tables.

You should ideally contact oracle support ... but I guess you don't want to hear that..

Anurag Received on Fri Oct 03 2003 - 14:52:30 CDT