Re: Oracle and Access

From: Mohammad <mhakimjavadi_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 30 Sep 2003 06:55:38 -0700

"Burt Peltier" <burttemp1ReMoVeThIs_at_bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:<Bz7eb.4610$md5.2086_at_bignews6.bellsouth.net>...
> Trying different drivers might help, but you could help others help you if
> you could provide a little more info like describe the table in Access and
> the table in Oracle, how many records are being inserted, describe
> constraints and indexes in Oracle, and specify if this is a one-time thing
> or an ongoing process... as just a few examples of good info you could
> supply.
>
> --
> "Mohammad" <mhakimjavadi_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi
> >
> > I have to read information from Access 97 DB and insert record to
> > Oracle9i table. I used ODBC for Access and Oracle and I did that. It
> > is working find but it is working very very slow!!!!!
> >
> > Could you please tell me any other way to do that job and faster or
> > maybe I missed same setting for ODBC.
> >
> > Thanks for your help.
> >
> > Hakim

Hi

Thanks for your reply. I have to update 2500 records from access to oracle. I am reading 3 fields from Access table and insert 10 fields in oracle. I am doing this job every month but this is in a VB program with some other process.

Thanks for you help
Hakim Received on Tue Sep 30 2003 - 08:55:38 CDT