Oracle Software Owner WIndows 2K

From: Matt <mccmx_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 25 Sep 2003 05:49:42 -0700

Hello everyone,

I have a query about security/ownership of the Oracle software on Windows 2K.

We have an 8.1.7 install on Windows that was installed using the Domain Admin account. Therefore the Oracle binaries and database files are owned by the domain admin account.

The Oracle database is configured as a service on Win 2K and runs under the SYSTEM account. Therefore in theory it is independant of a user account.

One of the security guys on site is planning to remove the domain admin accounts from all the servers and I'm concerned that this will affect the database setup.

I will still be able to log onto the server with a privileged account which I will add to the ORA_DBA group in order to gain SYSDBA privileges.

Is anyone aware of any issues that will arise after dropping the Oracle software owner account (i.e. domain admin) from the system....?  Metalink was not much help on this issue.

Matt Received on Thu Sep 25 2003 - 07:49:42 CDT