Re: resolving buffer busy waits

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 17 Sep 2003 16:30:54 -0700

cdyke_at_corp.home.nl (Casey) wrote in message news:<8bc6b8d7.0309171010.26939c34_at_posting.google.com>...
> had wanted to get this posted earlier yesterday but am stuck in turbo
> mode both in and out of work ... ho hum ...
>

> Misses in library cache during parse: 1
> Optimizer goal: CHOOSE
> Parsing user id: 24
>
> Rows Row Source Operation
> 162 NESTED LOOPS
> 167 TABLE ACCESS BY INDEX ROWID {table 1}
> 167 INDEX RANGE SCAN (object id 3020)
> 162 TABLE ACCESS BY USER ROWID {table 2}

I think this means you are using a non-unique index, is there any way you can add a unique one? A whole bunch of people trying to do the same thing might show your cyclical symptoms, since they each have to wait for many blocks to be available which they might not even care about. The cycle might be shortened noticeably if you can change it to index unique scan.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
http://www.barleyliterate.com/