Re: Performance base line

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: 15 Sep 2003 15:42:15 -0700

Rick Denoire <100.17706_at_germanynet.de> wrote in message news:<1glbmv0uvvi8bjneeu6gtm89ndp736s36a_at_4ax.com>...

> I was just reading the Oracle documentation about v$ Performance
> Views. It is impressive. It is overwhelming. I ended up confused. I am
> afraid these views are an oversized answer to the question, how fast a
> DB is running. One can find many answers there, I at times don't see

The advantage of statspack is that it filters out all that into something you can use to create your own base line, or examine changes. As time goes by and you learn bits and pieces on how to dig deep with one or two of those views, then you can go straight to the point. Until then, statspack is your best buddy.

> (who desperate needs that Performance Tuning training)

That helps. Guess what you'll be learning about? :)

Cheers
Nuno Souto
wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au.nospam Received on Mon Sep 15 2003 - 17:42:15 CDT