Oracle 8i ----> 9i Upgrade on Solaris

From: Ed <ed_zep_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: 15 Sep 2003 13:05:05 -0700

Hi.

We're moving from Oracle 8.1.7.4 to Oracle 9.2.0.4 (64-bit) on Sun Solaris 2.8.

My colleague has come up with the following strategy.

Can anyone tell me if this will work to actually upgrade the database, rather than just importing it. Or should I use the migration utility? And if so, should I use the dbua or manually upgrade.

Many thanks everyone.

Ed.