Re: SQL Approach, Multiple Tables, UNION?

From: John Russell <netnews7_at_johnrussell.mailshell.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 06:22:01 GMT

On Mon, 8 Sep 2003 00:52:15 -0230, Tim Marshall <tmarshal_at_Gunner.Sabot.Spam.On.Loaded.FIRE> wrote:

>On Sun, 7 Sep 2003, Daniel Morgan wrote:
>
>> >If you're still with me, thanks for reading and TIA for any suggestions
>> >other than beating up the developers of the maintenance application with
>> >which I'm working! 8)
>> >
>> Given the data you present I'd be thinking of using in-line views ...
>> not unions. And definitely native dynamic SQL.
>
>Thank you Daniel, I appreciate your toughing it through my post! I'm
>somewhat familiar with in-line views and will become even more familiar
>with them. I think this will be easier to construct than several Union
>queries...

I think you'll have an easier time reading up on "inline views". :-) "In-line views" gives no hits in a doc search, but "inline views" turns up some matches:

http://otn.oracle.com/pls/db92/db92.drilldown?remark=&word=inline+views&book=&preference=

John

--
Photo gallery: http://www.pbase.com/john_russell/