Re: SQL Approach, Multiple Tables, UNION?

From: Tim Marshall <tmarshal_at_Gunner.Sabot.Spam.On.Loaded.FIRE>
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2003 13:58:05 -0230

John Russell wrote:

> I think you'll have an easier time reading up on "inline views". :-)
> "In-line views" gives no hits in a doc search, but "inline views"
> turns up some matches:

Now I understand some of the challenges the folks who are working on voice input are facing!

> http://otn.oracle.com/pls/db92/db92.drilldown?remark=&word=inline+views&book=&preference=

Thanks, I'll poke around here. Essentially, what I've got now, is a basic structure with 6 in-line (er, inline) views. Added to that, I have three other tables for cost transactions (parts, labour, other) that I'll have to add. It seems like an awful lot, but I don't know. Also, depending on criteria the user selects, those 6 inlines can be knocked down to one, if say, the user specifies "work orders with equipment". But most of the time, the users won't specify that.

--
Tim - http://www.ucs.mun.ca/~tmarshal/
 ^o<