Re: [newbie] bind variables

From: OakRogbak_erPine_at_yahoo.com Kill the 2 trees in email address to reply <OakRogbak_erPine_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 27 Aug 2003 08:24:38 -0700

Franz,
Tom Kyte has a couple of scripts that will show you if you are using bind variables.
http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/ask/f?p=4950:8:435887118464616028::NO::F4950_P8_DISPLAYID,F4950_P8_CRITERIA:1163635055580,

Also, If you do a Statspack report and you have a low Soft Parse %, then that can be an indication of the need to use bind variables.