[newbie] bind variables

From: Franz <franz_at_mail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 09:44:54 GMT

Hi all,
I'm using a SQL statement from inside a Java function. The statement is a PreparedStatement, that is:

select * from table1 where field1 = ?

then in the code I set at runtime "field1" with the desired value. Now my question is: will Oracle use bind variables when I issue a statement like
this ? I'd like to avoid to have my statement re-parsed every time.

A further question: how do you check on the DB that a statement has been parsed ?

Thanks a lot
Frank Received on Wed Aug 27 2003 - 04:44:54 CDT