Re: Why so many Gay Oracle people?

From: Maximus <asdfasdasd_at_eqeqweqwe.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 01:57:15 GMT

"Jitendra Patel" <coldrainandsnow_at_lycos.com> wrote in message news:7610580f.0308261654.750a84b1_at_posting.google.com...
> I have noticed that many of the posters write as if they clearly Gay
> and I wonder if there is anything about Oracle that attracts
> Homosexuals.

What determines a homo Oracle post vs. a hetero Oracle post... can you provide any clear and concise examples? I want to know because it's really important that I know the sexual preference of all participants on comp.databases.oracle.server

> We all know about Howard J. Rogers who makes no secret of it, and
> those like Nouto Souto who stay in the closet, but it makes one wonder
> why there are so many "sensitive" males in the Oracle profession?
>
> I have nothing against Gay people, but it seems that there must be
> something going on here.

I'm a relative newbie to Oracle and this group, the impression I've gotten is there are many experts here who have little patience for people who don't use correct terminology, post obscure questions, don't make any sense, don't provide adequate detail, don't read the documentation first, don't read FAQ's, yadda yadda. I don't blame them for occasionally giving short-tempered answers, especially when people start demanding URGENT replies, or students who come here who are too lazy to do their own homework, etc. OTOH, sometimes while we do not have the luxury of spending hours studying documentation and it's nice to be able to ask a question without getting one's head ripped-off. Received on Tue Aug 26 2003 - 20:57:15 CDT