Pro*C From Windows

From: Salaam Yitbarek <yitbsal_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 25 Aug 2003 11:40:57 -0700

Oracle 8.1.7
OS Solaris 8

I have a few stored procedures that use external procedures to access shell scripts on the database server. These stored procedures are called by VB (and other) applications on Windows platforms.

I would like to rewrite many of these stored procedures using Pro*C because a lot of the code is amenable to C and because I would like to stop using external procedures. However, I don't know how to call a Pro*C program residing on a Unix box from a Windows platform. I suppose this is really a client-server question, but I don't know where else to ask.

Any suggestions?

Salaam Received on Mon Aug 25 2003 - 13:40:57 CDT