Re: Extracing Oracle SQL from network by Ethereal?

From: Tanel Poder <change_to_my_first_name_at_integrid.info>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 21:11:43 +0300

Hi!

Use v$sql rather than v$sqlarea, v$sql isn't so "heavy" on your server.

You can turn on sqlnet tracing with support level to get dump of sqlnet traffic. A parser is needed for extracting sql though. It will cause very big overhead, because all traffic has to be logged - you have 3 options to switch it on, either server side, client side or put a connection manager between server and client and do the logging there. That way your database server wont have the performance hit.

Tanel.