Re: Process Documentation and Engineering - In Use?

From: earthink <info_at_siliconmindset.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 13:09:43 GMT

Hi Billy,

Fist I appreciat the input. Yes I have that. I still need to create the DB interface object for each database. here is why. The application does not know or care about the Database. It speaks to a Universal API that retrieves Data. Then Specific Objects can be plugged in for Local File Access, Desktop Databases or Whatever. I use Soap to communicate with a Server for Server Database Types. At this point I still need to wory - on the server side about specific DB variants I might use.

Again the long and short is I appreciate the Architecture input- but lets assume that the architecture meets approval - WHAT IS THE MOST PREVELANT VERSION OF ORACLE OUT THERE - simple question - thanks

--
Bruce J Hafner
http://www.siliconmindset.com