Re: Trace Files

From: Ed Stevens <nospam_at_noway.nohow>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 08:12:16 -0500

On 11 Aug 2003 21:08:43 -0700, learning_dba_at_yahoo.com (Mike) wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have a report developed using Ora Excel which connects to 25
>databases and populates the report.When ever we run the report it
>consumes a lot of CPU and all other processes become very slow.
>I want to enable trace for all the databases.The report is run from
>excel.Where do I enable the traceing?
>
>TIA
>
>Mike

What is "Ora Excel"?

Since you are asking this on an Oracle forum, I assume your 25 databases are Oracle databases . . . . what version? What operating system?

Are all 25 (presumably Oracle) databases on the same server? Is this the same server where you run this "Ora Excel" product?

What kind of tracing is it you want to enable? What information are you expecting to get from this trace? Received on Tue Aug 12 2003 - 08:12:16 CDT