Re: Trace Files

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 08:59:31 -0700

Mike wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a report developed using Ora Excel which connects to 25
> databases and populates the report.When ever we run the report it
> consumes a lot of CPU and all other processes become very slow.
> I want to enable trace for all the databases.The report is run from
> excel.Where do I enable the traceing?
>
> TIA
>
> Mike

Tracing will only make things slower and will not do anything to speed things up. I'd throw away Ora Excel as it does nothing that can't be done faster and more efficiently with spool. But then again I'd throw away Excel because it can't do anything that can't be done better in Oracle in the first place.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu