ORA-12571 TNS Error

From: maxem <maxem_at_gmx.net>
Date: 5 Aug 2003 05:42:32 -0700

Hello NG,

i am only a user and looking for some Help.

We hava a LAN with a Oracle-Server ( LSNRCTL for Solaris V 8.0500 ). We have also a application that use via TCP/IP the installed Oracle8 Client-Software ( 8.0500 ) on a Windows XP client. The connection to the DB was functional for some weeks and suddenly it is unable to connect to the server ( only from my computer - it seems ).

I can ping the server, but can't TNSPING it.( ORA-12571 error also ) Other XP-Clients dont have the problem.
i tried other logins but have the same error ORA-12571. my login on other computer is working fine. -
i re-installed the client 2 times allready. what else i can check ? help please.

thank you

Matthias Lach Received on Tue Aug 05 2003 - 07:42:32 CDT