Re: ORA-12571 TNS Error

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2003 14:47:36 +0200

On 5 Aug 2003 05:42:32 -0700, maxem_at_gmx.net (maxem) wrote:

>Hello NG,
>
>i am only a user and looking for some Help.
>
>We hava a LAN with a Oracle-Server ( LSNRCTL for Solaris V 8.0500 ).
>We have also a application that use via TCP/IP the installed Oracle8
>Client-Software ( 8.0500 ) on a Windows XP client.
>The connection to the DB was functional for some weeks and suddenly it
>is unable to connect to the server ( only from my computer - it seems
>).
>
>I can ping the server, but can't TNSPING it.( ORA-12571 error also )
>Other XP-Clients dont have the problem.
>i tried other logins but have the same error ORA-12571.
>my login on other computer is working fine.
>-
>i re-installed the client 2 times allready.
>what else i can check ? help please.
>
>thank you
>
>Matthias Lach

Whether your version is supported: it is not Whether your version is certified for XP: it is not. 12571 is a network problem. Your likely to incur a combination of incompatible dlls from Microsux and Oracle.

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Tue Aug 05 2003 - 07:47:36 CDT