ODCIConst.Success question (Oracle9 & Java1.3)

From: barry <bbulsara23_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 2 Aug 2003 10:10:47 -0700

Apologies in advance for posting to two newsgroups - I'm not sure whether this is a Java question or an Oracle question.

Oracle defines some constants

select odciconst.success from dual;

returns 0, odciconst.error returns 1, odciconst.warning 2 etc.

These constants are also defined in my
"C:\oracle\ora92\oci\include\odci.h"

(copy/paste a bit below from this header file)

/* Constants for Return Status */
#define ODCI_SUCCESS 0
#define ODCI_ERROR 1
#define ODCI_WARNING 2
#define ODCI_ERROR_CONTINUE 3
#define ODCI_FATAL 4

My question is are these constants defined in one of the Oracle java classes? I've looked hard (inc. CartridgeServices.jar and ODCI.jar) and can't find them. Although it isn't going to be hard to "hard-code" them in my program, especially that I know what they are, they must surely be defined already so would like to use the Oracle values/library.

Does anyone know what Java class/library/method I can invoke to return the formal correct values using a proper Oracle library?

Thank you
Barry Received on Sat Aug 02 2003 - 12:10:47 CDT