Re: redhat 7.3 oracle 9.2 import problem

From: Tom <tomNOSPAM_at_teameazyriders.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 18:48:45 GMT

> Well, that makes it even more likely that the file is corrupted. I have
> little experience with tapes but long ago I had to deal with a dump from
> tape and it was not easy. If the export was made directly to tape you must
> know what the recordlength was (see exp help=y or the Utilities Guide and
> the OS specific documentation, http://otn.oracle.com/documentation )
> You must know how the tape was made to restore files from it. In my
> (limited) experience always a difficult issue, specially when different
> platforms are involved. Maybe a CD-ROM is a better mechanism?

I have just imported this into another 8.1.5. system as a check and the file imported without issue - I therefore conclude that the dump file itself is fine. Its about 4 gig in total so CD is a no no as its in 4x1GB files.

I still can't find any errors being loggged by oracle to do with this.

Tom Received on Wed Jul 30 2003 - 13:48:45 CDT