Re: redhat 7.3 oracle 9.2 import problem

From: Anton Buijs <remove_aammbuijs_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 22:51:44 +0200

Tom <tomNOSPAM_at_teameazyriders.com> schreef in berichtnieuws hqUVa.4371$t%4.40089765_at_news-text.cableinet.net...
| > Well, that makes it even more likely that the file is corrupted. I have
| > little experience with tapes but long ago I had to deal with a dump from
| > tape and it was not easy. If the export was made directly to tape you
must
| > know what the recordlength was (see exp help=y or the Utilities Guide
and
| > the OS specific documentation, http://otn.oracle.com/documentation )
| > You must know how the tape was made to restore files from it. In my
| > (limited) experience always a difficult issue, specially when different
| > platforms are involved. Maybe a CD-ROM is a better mechanism?
|
| I have just imported this into another 8.1.5. system as a check and the
file
| imported without issue - I therefore conclude that the dump file itself is
| fine. Its about 4 gig in total so CD is a no no as its in 4x1GB files.
|
| I still can't find any errors being loggged by oracle to do with this.
|
| Tom

Could there be something wrong with the database you first tried to import into?
But now you have your table. Export it from the other 8.1.5 and import into the first?
No other ideas anymore..... Received on Wed Jul 30 2003 - 15:51:44 CDT