Re: Large Index organized tables: just a marketing feature ?! (for experts)

From: <ctcgag_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 30 Jul 2003 18:47:43 GMT

"Jonathan Lewis" <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> Are you trying to rebuild it with 'create as select'
> or by dumping to file and using SQL*Load ?
>
> If you try the SQL Load option, you should find
> that you can load the IOT most rapidly using:
> direct = true
> unrecoverable load
> truncate
> sorted indexes (iot_pk)

I was not able to get the sorted indexes clause to work in SQL*Loader for IOT. I specified the name of the pk constraint (as you appear to have done above), and also tried the name of the table itself, but either way it just gave a SQL*Loader-951 due to ORA-26001, index specified does not exist on table.

However, without the sorted indexes option, I loaded 220 million (very small) rows in under 40 minutes, which impressed me. (9.2.0.2.0 Sun-Fire-280R, SunOS 5.8).

Xho

Usenet Newsgroup Service              New Rate! $9.95/Month 50GB