Re: Oracle 7.x client to 9i-Server

From: Roger Jackson <rjackson1_at_hotkey.net.au>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 20:30:49 +1000

Rainer,

Unfortunately, the 7.3 client and 9.2 server is not a supported combination.

Keep in mind that when you upgrade the clients you will need to install either Windows 98, Windows NT, Windows 2000, and Windows XP Professional. Windows NT requires SP5 and Windows 2000 requires SP1. Each client will need about 256MB of RAM to run efficiently and heaps more disk. The amount of disk depends on whether you are running NTFS or FAT filesystems and whether you install the runtime version or administrator.

HTH Roger.