Oracle 7.x client to 9i-Server

From: Rainer Herbst <rherbst__at__rz.uni-potsdam.de>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 10:56:13 +0200

Hi, *!

I have read a couple of postings about connecting a 9i client to a 7.3 server. I do have the opposite problem - connecting a 7.3 client to a 9.2. server. I get an

ORA-01004 - Default user name not supported.

Is there any chance to get the connection working (i.e. re-configuring the server)? Or should I upgrade all my clients?

Thanks in advance!
Rainer Herbst Received on Mon Jul 21 2003 - 03:56:13 CDT