ORA-28660 : IOT's partition can't be moved online

From: Andras Kovacs <andkovacs_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 14 Jul 2003 10:33:11 -0700

Hi,

We are using oracle 9.2.0.1.
We have an index organized partitioned table. We had a lot of inserts into one of the partitions and the index is unbalanced. I want to reorganize the table but the move online clause doesn't work.

SQL> alter table history move online;
alter table history move online

            *
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-28660: Partitioned Index-Organized table may not be MOVEd as a whole

This error is normal.

However I can't find the syntax to move online just one partition. Is it possible in oracle 9 ?
What would be the syntax ?

Thanks. Received on Mon Jul 14 2003 - 12:33:11 CDT